FatPocket is St. Louis’ highest energy party band featuring razor sharp rhythms, hot horns and powerhouse vocals. This “A-List” award winning band will move your guests to the dance floor for a nonstop dance party until the house lights turn on. If Bruno Mars had a party band, this would be it!
No backing tracks, no sheet music and no “standing still” on stage, FatPocket is a band that brings back the LIVE energy of the 60s-80s to the Top 40 Chart Toppers of today. Unlike a traditional wedding band, the FatPocket horns are up front partying with you and strutting their moves for a one-of-a-kind experience that will leave your guests in awe.
Perfect for any wedding, gala, celebration, club, festival or holiday party, FatPocket plays favorite after favorite all night long. With a set list ranging from Michael Jackson to Marvin Gaye, Rick James to James Brown and Walk the Moon to the Weeknd, FP plays the hits from every era. In addition to being featured on Show Me St. Louis, they have premiered at some of the hottest night spots in the St. Louis area. With dozens of high profile weddings, corporate parties, nonprofit fundraisers and festivals under their belt, FatPocket is ready to give your guests the party of a lifetime.
The band was formed in August 2004 when a jazz quartet from Lindenwood University discovered they had something special. The three original members, Mike Curtis (Guitar/Vocals), Ryan Murray (Bass Guitar), and Jason-Jay Bird- Hansen (Saxophone/Vocals) soon found Jeff Simpher (Trumpet), Chris Wilson (Baritone Sax and Tambourine), Jahi Eskridge (Trombone) Peter Schankman (Keyboards), Bill Henderson (Drums), “E” (Lead Vocals) and Nikki Glenn (Lead Vocals/ electric violin). Together, FatPocket is a 10 piece party band that is new, different, fresh and fun.
FatPocket has options to play for three or four hours including all emceeing. If you would like some elegant music for cocktails or dinner we offer solo piano and jazz duo/trio configurations as well.
If you are ready to take your event to the next level look no further than FatPocket, St. Louis’ Highest-Energy Party Band!
Current Song List
- 24K Magic – Bruno Mars
- Closer – Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
- Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
- My House – Flo Rida
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Fireball – Pitbull
- All About that Bass – Meghan Trainor
- Ex’s and Oh’s – Elle King
- Thrift Shop – Macklemore
- Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore
- Downtown – Macklemore
- Sexyback – Justin Timberlake
- Suit and Tie – Justin Timberlake
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Cheerleader – OMI
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke
- Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- Get Lucky / Around the World – Daft Punk
- Sugar – Maroon 5
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Let’s Get It Started – Black Eyed Peas
- Rollin in the Deep – Adele
- Crazy – Gnarles Barkley
- Forget You – Cee Lo
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Pony – Ginuwine
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Raise Your Glass – P!nk
- Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Crazy In Love – Beyonce
- Love on Top – Beyonce
- Déjà vu – Beyonce ft. Jay Z.
- Toxic – Britney Spears
- Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, Pink
- The Way – Jill Scott
- Remix To Ignition – R. Kelly
- No Diggity – Blackstreet
- This Is How We Do It – Montel Jordan
- Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison
- Poison – BBD
- Motown Philly – Boyz II Men
- Baby Got Back – Sir Mix a Lot
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- I Want A New Drug – Huey Lewis
- Kiss – Prince
- I Can’t Go For That – Hall and Oates
- Make My Dreams Come True – Hall and Oates
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Old Time Rock n Roll – Bob Seger
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Africa – TOTO
- Shake Your Body Down To The Ground – Michael Jackson
- P.Y.T. – Michael Jackson
- Wanna Be Starting Something – Michael Jackson
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson
- Sledgehammer – Peter Gabriel
- Give it to Me Baby – Rick James
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Kahn
- September – Earth Wind & Fire
- Shining Star – Earth Wind & Fire
- Shout – Otis Day
- Brown Sugar – Rolling Stones
- Rock Medley – KISS, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Cheap Trick
- 25 or 6 to 4 – Chicago
- Brick House – Commodores
- Hollywood Swingin – Kool and the Gang
- Get Down Tonight – KC and the Sunshine Band
- That’s The Way I like it – KC and the Sunshine Band
- Boogie Man – KC and the Sunshine Band
- Play that Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- Higher Ground – Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Night Fever – Bee Gees
- Stayin Alive – Bee Gees
- Dancing in the Street – Martha and the Vandellas
- Lets Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Sugar Pie Honey Bunch – Four Tops
- Soul Man – Sam & Dave
- My Girl – Temptations
- Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – Temptations
- What You Won’t Do For Love – Bobby Caldwell
- Jungle Boogie – Kool and the Gang
- Ladies Night – Kool and the Gang
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Got to Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
- Chain of Fools – Aretha Franklin
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
- Give Me The Night – George Benson
- Boogie Nights – Heatwave
- The Grooveline – Heatwave
- Love Roller-coaster – Ohio Players
- It’s Your Thing – Isley Brothers
- F’Fun – ConFunkShun
- Bad Mamma Jamma – Carl Carlton
- Gorgy Porgy – TOTO
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis
- At Last – Etta James
- A Kiss To Build a Dream On – Louis Armstrong
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- That’s How Strong My Love Is – Otis Redding
- Bring Me Sunshine – Willie Nelson
- Forever Young – Bob Dylan
- Got To Get You In To My Life – The Beatles
- Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you bring your own sound and lights?
Yes! We own our own sound and light system. The sound is easily enough to fill any hotel ballroom in the St. Louis area. We have two lighting trees with 8 lights each plus a few “club style” lights. If you want a more comprehensive system our agency, Contemporary Productions will have you covered!
Can we use your sound for toasts/announcements?
Yes! Our system is yours to use as much or as little as needed as long as it is no more than two hours prior to our performance start time.
Do you have somebody who can emcee?
We sure do!
Will you learn a song for me?
We are very flexible on learning songs but we learn them on a case by case basis. If we don’t think we can cover it for any reason, we will let you know outright.
If it’s a common request we will learn it for you at no additional fee as long as we have enough time. However, if it is a more obscure request that we will never play again, we may charge a little bit to cover the extra rehearsal time.
Can you play with a smaller band?
While we would love to be able to trim down and fit in your venue or budget, every member of FatPocket is a key player. Unlike many “pick up” bands, we rehearse weekly and it wouldn’t be fair to leave somebody out. As a result, you will experience a tightly choreographed show with multiple singers and the funkiest horns in the Midwest!
How many breaks do you take? Is there still music playing?
FatPocket events are normally booked in three and four hour packages.
For a three hour booking, we play two 80 minute sets with one 20 minute break.
For a four hour booking, we play a 1.5 hour set, 15 minute break, 1 hour set, 15 minute break and end with another 1 hour set.
We have DJ’ed dance music playing during our breaks and you are welcome to provide your own MP3 player if you would prefer. We are all kinds of flexible so if the timeline doesn’t fit our standard model we will take care of you!
What does a dance floor usually look like when you play?
Chad G – Birthday 9.10.16
We can’t thank you enough for being there. You made everyone’s night.
Kelly S – Wedding 7.30.16
We had FatPocket for our wedding band in July. They were amazing!! I can’t tell you how many people are still coming up to us saying it was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding. I couldn’t leave the dance floor. It was one amazing song after another. Lot’s of energy, wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you so much for making our wedding unforgettable!
Abby G – Wedding 5.29.16
FatPocket was the perfect choice for our wedding! From the second the dining room doors opened, our guests danced all night and enjoyed every minute. The band not only learned special songs for our formal dances, but emceed the night expertly, kept the crowd dancing (and singing) the entire time, played a huge variety of songs that catered to everyone, and looked like they were having fun while doing it! Guests loved it and are still talking about it two weeks later. Thank you so much, FatPocket!
Erin K – Wedding 5.14.16
We had such an amazing time, and you guys were fabulous. Thanks for all your hard work, and being so open to letting my brother and Cork play with you. We got many compliments on the band. Glad you managed to have some fun too!
Kassie H – Wedding 4.30.16
FatPocket did a fantastic job entertaining our friends and family at our wedding. If you’re looking for high energy, a band that plays across genres and keeps everyone on the dance floor all night, FatPocket takes the cake! They were open to traveling to our wedding, their manager was very responsive and the result was amazing. Thanks to FatPocket!
Lauren E – Wedding (Planner)
It was such a joy working with you and the rest of your crew. Your ability to work with me on the fly is a treasure that is very hard to come by with many bands. Your energy is contagious which shows by the guests having a blast! I hope to work together in the near future! Thank you again for everything!
Tiffany H – Wedding
I wanted to thank you for the GREAT work you guys did for their event. Everyone had a fabulous time and I was impressed by the band. I appreciated you guys keeping on the timeline, the band made announcements and emceeing flowed nicely, and everyone looked and sounded great. Lots of guests were asking who the band was and where they could see you again. I hope to use FatPocket again, we were truly impressed.
Lauren E – Wedding 10.3.15
Thank you!!!! People have literally not stopped telling me how amazing you guys were and definitely the best wedding band they’ve ever heard. Everyone had a blast!!
And thank you so much for playing Pony 🙂 I know it was such a treat for all of my friends. It couldn’t have ended the night better! And for learning Otis and Ray, they were PERFECT.
I am obviously recommending you to any bride I know looking for a band… I am so appreciative for everything! The evening was beyond amazing.
Lauren R – Wedding
We at Events Luxe want to thank you for your incredible talent this past Sunday at Julie and Cameron’s wedding celebration! We could not have pulled off the amazing event without you! Julie and Cameron loved everything, and could not have been happier with their special day – so thank you.
Jeff J. – Wedding 5.30.15 (planner)
Thanks for last night! Everyone there said you were the best wedding band they’d ever seen, including guests from LA and NYC.
Allison M. – Wedding 5.16.15 (planner)
I just wanted to thank you and the entire band for a great night last night. You were FANTASTIC and I will definitely be keeping you in mind for future client referrals. I kept having guests come up and ask “who is this band???” and then typing in the name on their phones! Tell the guys they made the night. I hope we get to work together again soon!!!
Richard B – Holiday Party
You’re performance at our recent holiday party was outstanding. From the time I heard you guys down at the Cape I was determined to bring your music to my friends and associates in Terre Haute. They’re still talking about your great sound and the unique experience of listening to a full band with such tight arrangements.
Let me include special thanks for your professionalism and the group personality that is so much a part of your efforts to help everybody get their funk on!
Mercy Hospital Gala 2014
You guys were awesome!! Thank you so much for coming early in the afternoon to load in. Made the transition and entire set go perfectly! With the weather looming over everyone’s minds Saturday night, it was great that you still had a crowd at 11:30. Speaks volumes for the energy and party you guys put forward!
– Katherine R