FatPocket is the Midwest’s highest energy party band featuring razor sharp rhythms, hot horns and powerhouse vocals. This “A-List” award winning band will move your guests to the dance floor for a nonstop dance party until the house lights turn on. If Bruno Mars had a party band, this would be it!
No backing tracks, no sheet music and no “standing still” on stage, FatPocket is a band that brings back the LIVE energy of the 60s-80s to the Top 40 Chart Toppers of today. Unlike a traditional wedding band, the FatPocket horns are up front partying with you and strutting their moves for a one-of-a-kind experience that will leave your guests in awe.
Perfect for any wedding, gala, celebration, club, festival or holiday party, FatPocket plays favorite after favorite all night long. With a set list ranging from Michael Jackson to Marvin Gaye, Rick James to James Brown and Walk the Moon to the Weeknd, FP plays the hits from every era. With hundreds of weddings, corporate parties, nonprofit fundraisers and festivals under their belt, FatPocket is ready to give your guests the party of a lifetime.
The band was formed in August 2004 when a jazz quartet from Lindenwood University discovered they had something special. The three original members, Mike Curtis (Guitar/Vocals), Ryan Murray (Bass Guitar), and Jason-Jay Bird- Hansen (Saxophone/Vocals) soon found Jeff Simpher (Trumpet), Chris Wilson (Baritone Sax and Tambourine), Jahi Eskridge (Trombone) Peter Schankman (Keyboards), Bill Henderson (Drums), “E” (Lead Vocals) and Nikki Glenn (Lead Vocals/ electric violin). Together, FatPocket is a 10 piece party band that is new, different, fresh and fun.
FatPocket has options to play for three or four hours including all emceeing. If you would like some elegant music for cocktails or dinner we offer solo piano and jazz duo/trio configurations as well.
If you are ready to take your event to the next level look no further than FatPocket, St. Louis’ Highest-Energy Party Band!
- ABBA – Dancing Queen
- ABBA – Waterloo
- Adele – Rollin in the Deep
- Aretha Franklin – Chain of Fools
- Aretha Franklin – RESPECT
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
- Bee Gees – Stayin Alive
- Ben E. King – Stand By Me
- Beyonce – All the Single Ladies
- Beyonce – Crazy In Love
- Beyonce – Déjà vu
- Beyonce – Love on Top
- Billy Joel – Just The Way You Are
- Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
- Blackstreet – No Diggity
- Bob Dylan – Forever Young
- Bob Seger – Old Time Rock and Roll
- Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love
- Britney Spears – Toxic
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
- Bruno Mars – Locked out of Heaven
- Bruno Mars – Marry You
- Bruno Mars – Runaway Baby
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I like
- Bruno Mars – Treasure
- Carl Carlton – Bad Mamma Jamma
- Cee Lo – Forget You
- Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay – Something Just Like This
- Chainsmokers – Closer
- Chaka Kahn – Ain’t Nobody
- Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
- Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, Pink – Lady Marmalade
- Commodores – Brick House
- DNCE – Cake by the Ocean
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Dua Lipe – New Rules
- Earth Wind & Fire – September
- Earth Wind & Fire – Shining Star
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- Elle King – Ex’s and Oh’s
- Elvis – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Etta James – At Last
- Fifth Harmony – Worth It
- Flo Rida – My House
- Four Tops – I Can’t Help Myself (Sugarpie Honeybunch)
- Frank Sinatra – The Way You Look Tonight
- George Benson – Give Me The Night
- Ginuwine – Pony
- Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
- Gnarles Barkley – Crazy
- Hall and Oates – I Can’t Go For That
- Hall and Oates – Make My Dreams Come True
- Heatwave – Boogie Nights
- Heatwave – The Grooveline
- Isley Bros – It’s Your Thing
- Jackson 5 – ABC
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- James Taylor – How Sweet It Is
- Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty TO Me
- Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
- Jill Scott – The Way
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believing
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling
- Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body
- Justin Timberlake – Sexyback
- Justin Timberlake – Suit and Tie
- KC and the Sunshine Band – Boogie Man
- KC and the Sunshine Band – Get Down Tonight
- KC and the Sunshine Band – That’s the Way
- Kool and the Gang – Hollywood Swinging
- Kool and the Gang – Jungle Boogie
- Kool and the Gang – Ladies Night
- Lionel Richie – All Night Long
- Louis Armstrong – A Kiss To Build a Dream On
- Louis Armstrong – What A Wonderful Workd
- Macklemore – Can’t Hold Us
- Macklemore – Downtown
- Macklemore – Thrift Shop
- Mark Morrison – Return of the Mack
- Martha and the Vandellas – Dancing in the Street
- Marvin Gaye – Lets Get It On
- Meghan Trainor – All About that Bass
- Michael Jackson – PYT
- Michael Jackson – Shake Your Body Down
- Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal
- Miley Cyrus – Party in the USA
- Montell Jordan – This is How We Do It
- Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
- OMI – Cheerleader
- Ohio Players – Love Rollercoaster
- Otis Day – Shout
- Outkast – Hey Ya
- P!nk – Raise Your Glass
- Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
- Pharrell – Happy
- Pitbull – Fireball
- Portugal The Man – Feel It Still
- Prince – Kiss
- Prince – Lets go Crazy
- Prince – Purple Rain
- Randy Newman – You’ve Got A Friend In Me
- Rascal Flatts – My Wish
- Ray LaMontagne – You Are The Best Thing
- Remix to Ignition – R. Kelly
- Rick James – Give It To Me Baby
- Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines
- Rock Medley – KISS, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot
- Sam & Dave – Hold On I’m Comin
- Sam & Dave – Soul Man
- Sister Sledge – We Are Family
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Stevie Wonder – Higher Ground
- Stevie Wonder – I Wish
- Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered
- Stevie Wonder – Sir Duke
- Stevie Wonder – Superstition
- Sublime – Santeria
- TOTO – Africa
- TOTO – Gorgy Porgy
- Taylor Swift – Shake it Off
- Temptations – Ain’t Too Proud To Beg
- Temptations – My Girl
- The Beatles – Got To Get You In To My Life
- The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face
- Tina Turner – Proud Mary
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- Walk the Moon – Shut Up And Dance
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music
- Willie Nelson – Bring Me Sunshine
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you bring your own sound and lights?
Yes! We own our own sound and light system. The sound is easily enough to fill any hotel ballroom in the St. Louis area. We have two lighting trees with 8 lights each plus a few “club style” lights. If you want a more comprehensive system our agency, Contemporary Productions will have you covered!
Can we use your sound for toasts/announcements?
Yes! Our system is yours to use as much or as little as needed as long as it is no more than two hours prior to our performance start time.
Do you have somebody who can emcee?
We sure do!
Will you learn a song for me?
We are very flexible on learning songs but we learn them on a case by case basis. If we don’t think we can cover it for any reason, we will let you know outright.
If it’s a common request we will learn it for you at no additional fee as long as we have enough time. However, if it is a more obscure request that we will never play again, we may charge a little bit to cover the extra rehearsal time.
Can you play with a smaller band?
While we would love to be able to trim down and fit in your venue or budget, every member of FatPocket is a key player. Unlike many “pick up” bands, we rehearse weekly and it wouldn’t be fair to leave somebody out. As a result, you will experience a tightly choreographed show with multiple singers and the funkiest horns in the Midwest!
How many breaks do you take? Is there still music playing?
FatPocket events are normally booked in three and four hour packages.
For a three hour booking, we play two 80 minute sets with one 20 minute break.
For a four hour booking, we play a 1.5 hour set, 15 minute break, 1 hour set, 15 minute break and end with another 1 hour set.
We have DJ’ed dance music playing during our breaks and you are welcome to provide your own MP3 player if you would prefer. We are all kinds of flexible so if the timeline doesn’t fit our standard model we will take care of you!
What does a dance floor usually look like when you play?
Auggie B – Wedding 9.16.17
Just wanted to say THANKS for the great music on Saturday at Silver Oaks Chateau for my son’s wedding.
The band was outstanding, and I do not recall one song when there was less than 5 couples on the floor. The transition from one song to the other, the great mix of brass, the mix of singers on different songs, and the interaction on the floor with the crowd by your members….helped make it a very special and memorable evening.
Fat Pocket was the first and only band my son and his fiancé selected, and they were spot-on !
Tell your members thanks for such a great time !
Rachel B – Wedding 4.22.17
This band was amazing!! As soon as they started playing, everyone was on the dance floor and no one stopped dancing the entire time. They switched it up through out the night and came into the crowd to dance, sing and play – which was super awesome – and every song was perfect and kept the energy up all night!! We got so so so many compliments on our band and they seriously made our night extra special and beyond fun! I would hire them again in a heart beat!
Chad G – Birthday 9.10.16
We can’t thank you enough for being there. You made everyone’s night.
Kelly S – Wedding 7.30.16
We had FatPocket for our wedding band in July. They were amazing!! I can’t tell you how many people are still coming up to us saying it was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding. I couldn’t leave the dance floor. It was one amazing song after another. Lot’s of energy, wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you so much for making our wedding unforgettable!
Abby G – Wedding 5.29.16
FatPocket was the perfect choice for our wedding! From the second the dining room doors opened, our guests danced all night and enjoyed every minute. The band not only learned special songs for our formal dances, but emceed the night expertly, kept the crowd dancing (and singing) the entire time, played a huge variety of songs that catered to everyone, and looked like they were having fun while doing it! Guests loved it and are still talking about it two weeks later. Thank you so much, FatPocket!
Erin K – Wedding 5.14.16
We had such an amazing time, and you guys were fabulous. Thanks for all your hard work, and being so open to letting my brother and Cork play with you. We got many compliments on the band. Glad you managed to have some fun too!
Kassie H – Wedding 4.30.16
FatPocket did a fantastic job entertaining our friends and family at our wedding. If you’re looking for high energy, a band that plays across genres and keeps everyone on the dance floor all night, FatPocket takes the cake! They were open to traveling to our wedding, their manager was very responsive and the result was amazing. Thanks to FatPocket!
Lauren E – Wedding (Planner)
It was such a joy working with you and the rest of your crew. Your ability to work with me on the fly is a treasure that is very hard to come by with many bands. Your energy is contagious which shows by the guests having a blast! I hope to work together in the near future! Thank you again for everything!
Tiffany H – Wedding
I wanted to thank you for the GREAT work you guys did for their event. Everyone had a fabulous time and I was impressed by the band. I appreciated you guys keeping on the timeline, the band made announcements and emceeing flowed nicely, and everyone looked and sounded great. Lots of guests were asking who the band was and where they could see you again. I hope to use FatPocket again, we were truly impressed.
Lauren E – Wedding 10.3.15
Thank you!!!! People have literally not stopped telling me how amazing you guys were and definitely the best wedding band they’ve ever heard. Everyone had a blast!!
And thank you so much for playing Pony 🙂 I know it was such a treat for all of my friends. It couldn’t have ended the night better! And for learning Otis and Ray, they were PERFECT.
I am obviously recommending you to any bride I know looking for a band… I am so appreciative for everything! The evening was beyond amazing.
Lauren R – Wedding
We at Events Luxe want to thank you for your incredible talent this past Sunday at Julie and Cameron’s wedding celebration! We could not have pulled off the amazing event without you! Julie and Cameron loved everything, and could not have been happier with their special day – so thank you.
Jeff J. – Wedding 5.30.15 (planner)
Thanks for last night! Everyone there said you were the best wedding band they’d ever seen, including guests from LA and NYC.
Allison M. – Wedding 5.16.15 (planner)
I just wanted to thank you and the entire band for a great night last night. You were FANTASTIC and I will definitely be keeping you in mind for future client referrals. I kept having guests come up and ask “who is this band???” and then typing in the name on their phones! Tell the guys they made the night. I hope we get to work together again soon!!!
Richard B – Holiday Party
You’re performance at our recent holiday party was outstanding. From the time I heard you guys down at the Cape I was determined to bring your music to my friends and associates in Terre Haute. They’re still talking about your great sound and the unique experience of listening to a full band with such tight arrangements.
Let me include special thanks for your professionalism and the group personality that is so much a part of your efforts to help everybody get their funk on!
Mercy Hospital Gala 2014
You guys were awesome!! Thank you so much for coming early in the afternoon to load in. Made the transition and entire set go perfectly! With the weather looming over everyone’s minds Saturday night, it was great that you still had a crowd at 11:30. Speaks volumes for the energy and party you guys put forward!
– Katherine R