The Jason Nelson Band is a St. Louis-based cover band that performs a wide variety of rocking and danceable music from the 80’s, 90’s as well as more recent material.
Featuring vocalist Jason Nelson and his band- Perry Woods on guitar and vocals, Radomir Ratkovic on drums and vocals and Kingvegas on bass and vocals this band delivers soaring vocals over a heavy groove set after set. The Jason Nelson Band will keep your party going all night long!
Jason Nelson- Lead Vocals:
Jason has been singing and performing in St. Louis and abroad for the last 25 years. Much of his inspiration comes from sheer adrenaline and way too much caffeine. He has performed in supporting and headlining roles with artists such as Sublime, Reel Big Fish, The Offspring, The Urge, Chuck Berry, Sugarhill Gang and Bobby Brown to name a few!
Jason’s captivating performance style and soaring vocals instantly capture the attention of audiences and help to electrify rooms and fill dance floors. His ability to nail an 80’s rock ballad and then turn around and throw down a dance or hip hop tune is unparalleled and keeps the audience wondering what’s coming next. Jason likes to make it clear that everyone must get up and dance!
Jason has performed with groups such as MU330, Orangetree, Betterhalf and Hollywood 5.
Perry Woods- Guitar:
Since finishing his service with The 82nd Airborne Division of The U.S. ARMY; Perry Woods has been traveling the globe as a Professional Guitarist/Vocalist.
“Austin to Boston, Cabo to Canada”, says Woods. Perry’s guitar influences range from Hendrix and SRV to Eric Johnson and Steve Vai and his vocal influences range from Sam Cooke and Perry Sr.(Father) to Jack Johnson and Bob Marley. Perry plays Fender Stratocaster guitars and uses Fender amplifiers, Gt100 effects pedal and Boss Loop pedals.
Kingvegas- Bass and Vocals:
John “Kingvegas” Kiehne is a veteran of the St. Louis music scene and also spent many years living and playing in Boston, Ma. He plays bass and sings a little with the Jason Nelson Band.
Kingvegas has toured and performed with a wide variety of artists as well as playing, touring and releasing music with his own original group Smokstik. He played in Boston’s Blue Man Group production as well as being featured on releases from beat poet Lawrence Fehrlinghetti and singer songwriter Jim Infantino among others.
Kingvegas maintains a personal website that features many blogs regarding playing music, self-improvement and so forth at Kingvegas.org.
Kingvegas uses a wide variety of gear including the Warr Guitar, Fender basses, Ampeg SVT amps, Mesa Boogie, Fender and Peavey guitar amps, Digitech GSP-2101 guitar preamps, Crybaby Wah pedal, Roland GR-30 guitar synthesizer, Crest and QSC amplifiers, custom stereo 4×12 guitar cabinet, Morley volume pedal, Line 6 delay pedal and more.
Radomir Ratkovic- Drums and Vocals:
Radomir is the heart of the Jason Nelson Band. His powerful, grooving and sophisticated and versatile drumming style brings life to the music of the Jason Nelson band as well as helping to be able to play so many styles of music convincingly.
Rad has played with a variety of St. Louis bands including Rob Garland’s band, MixTape, the Downtime band, his original group SuperCrush, the Arbosy Band and subbing with a wide variety of groups including Elevation, Hollywood 5, My Friend Mike, the Ultraviolets and many more.
Partial Song List
- Mysterious Ways- U2
- What Would You Say- Dave Matthews
- Hard To Handle- Black Crowes
- Mister Jones- Counting Crows
- Amber- 311
- Love Song- Cure/ 311
- Give It Away- the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Possum Kingdom- The Toadies
- Santeria- Sublime
- The Middle- Jimmy Eat World
- No Rain- Blind Melon
- Lithium- Nirvana
- The Distance- Cake
- Sweat- Inner Circle
- Crash Into Me- Dave Matthews
- Are You Gonna Go My Way- Lenny Kravitz
- What I Got- Sublime
- Flagpole Sitta- Harvey Danger
- Own Worst Enemy- Lit
- All The Small Things- Blink 182
- Right Here, Right Now- Jesus Jones
- U Shook Me All Night- AC/DC
- Badfish- Sublime
- Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry
- Song 2- Blur
- Everlong- Foo Fighters
- Baby Got Back- Sir Mix a Lot
- Two Princes-Spin Doctors
- Unbelievable- EMF
- She Don’t Use Jelly- Flaming Lips
- Peaches- Presidents of the USA
- Don’t Stop Believing- Journey
- Bust A Move- Young MC
- Rock The Casbah- The Clash
- Fly- Sugar Ray
- Waiting On the World to Change- John Mayer
- Superstition- Stevie Wonder
- The Bad Touch- Bloodhound Gang
- Humpty Dance- Digital Underground
- This Is How We Do It- Montell Jordan
- Jessie’s Girl- Rick Springfield
- I Got a Feelin’- Black Eyed Peas
- Hurt So Good- John Cougar
- Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
- Blister in the Sun- The Violent Femmes
- Footloose- Kenny Loggins
- I Want You to Want Me- Cheap Trick
- Golddigger- Kanye West
- Hot in Here- Nelly
- Play That Funky Music White Boy- Wild Cherry
- Proud Mary- Ike and Tina Turner
- Centerfold- The J. Geils Band
- Summer of ’69- Bryan Adams
- Kiss- Prince
- Cream- Prince
- Purple Rain- Prince
- What I Got- Sublime
- BYOB- System of a Down
- Hot for Teacher- Van Halen
- Cult of Personality- Living Color
- Forget You- Cee Lo Green
- Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5
- Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke
- Get Lucky- Daft Punk
- D’yer Maker- Led Zeppelin
- Killing in the Name Of- Rage Against the Machine
- Crazy Bitch- Buckcherry